Every other Monday, as this blog grows and starts to take shape, Josh and I will be sharing some of our favorite music with you right here on The Zero Waste Memoirs.
I think music has an incredible way of making us feel something. It can instantly transport us to a different time, place, or season. It sets the tone for every holiday we love so dearly, helps us connect with people, and reminds us of times in our lives when we were a slightly different person.
Today, I’m feeling especially drawn to the cozy, broody character that October brings. October is all drama: changing weather, stormy skies, swirling leaves, people in costume…it’s so unique!
Enjoy this October playlist on the couch with a steaming cup of hot coffee and a good mystery. Let me know what you think!
- Rule the World – Michael Kiwanuka
- Never Ending – Rihanna
- Great Divide – The Cardigans
- Canyon – Joseph
- Horse to Water – Tall Heights
- Rivers – Allman Brown, Robyn Sherwell
- America – First Aid Kit
- Our House – Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young
- Across the Universe – Fiona Apple
- New Orleans – Grace
- Whirlwind – Joseph
- Human (IV Fridays) – Brooke Frasier
- More Alive Than Dead – Joseph
- Black is the Color of My True Love’s Hair – Nina Simone
- Sweet Dreams – Joseph
- Lead Me Into the Night – The Cardigans