When it comes to shopping for second-hand clothing, you’ll probably naturally think of your local charity or thrift store. You can buy all manner of trinkets and clothing gems in these stores, garments that can be amended or tailored to your body shape that you can’t find anywhere else in the world.
When it comes to online shopping for second-hand clothes, however, it can be a little more daunting. There are so many different thrift stores online – each offering something a little different – all around the world.
Each website generally has an interface that will allow you to see multiple pictures of your desired item of clothing, with sizes, lengths and materials in an easy-to-understand list. Many different pricing options will allow you to set your own price on items. This is a great method of keeping prices low depending on the demand.
But where can you find a comprehensive list of some of the best online thrift shops in the world? What website layouts are going to be the best for the style of shopping that you like to do? Where can you find a website that offers you great discounts and deals? Which online second-hand shops have generally cheaper prices of clothing? Or which ones sell only curated second-hand vintage clothing?
Well, those who are looking to shop for second-hand clothing will no longer have to worry, because we’ve got a list of 37 – yes, that’s right – 37 amazing thrift shops where you can buy second-hand clothes online – wherever you are in the world!
We’re going to give you a list of benefits for each one, as well as what you should be looking for when it comes to great prices and payment options.
This article may contain compensated/affiliate links. See our full disclosure here.
Best Online Thrift Shops to Buy Used Clothing Online
If you’re looking for preloved clothing online, we’ve got you covered. To make it easy for you, we’ve broken down the list below into geographical locations, so you can easily find the best second hand clothing stores online near you.
Worldwide Thrift Online Stores and Apps
The following sites & apps are available worldwide for online second-hand clothes shopping. Chances are you already know one or two of these well-known names in the pre-loved clothing game!
#1 Vinted – Worldwide
Vinted started out in Europe, but it has since become popular around the world as a place to buy & sell second hand clothes online.
As a marketplace with over 37 million members internationally, you can find all manner of clothing listed on Vinted. Items are generally on the cheaper end of the scale, so it’s the perfect place for bargain hunters to grab a deal.
Hunting down a particular item? The Vinted app makes it easy to search, secure and ship!
- Safe buying – refunds offered if items are not up to scratch
- Wide range of goods
- Best online cheap thrift store
#2 Depop – Worldwide
Depop is a very popular app to buy used clothes online. It’s popular with younger users who love the Instagram feel of the app’s layout.
It’s never been easier to shop for preloved clothes online, as you can see how the items look on models with a similar body type to you before you buy.
There’s a massive range – and a massive range in prices. But it’s easy to sort through and find that item you’ve been coveting.
- This app has plenty of amazing clothes and is very easy to navigate.
- We would recommend that you use this app if you are a first-time second-hand clothes buyer.
#3 Etsy – Worldwide
This online second-hand store doesn’t really need an introduction! A massive marketplace for homemade crafts and goods – Etsy also has an excellent selection of used and vintage clothing.
This is a great place if you want one-of-a-kind vintage wear. As sellers have normally hand selected special pieces from around the globe, or upcycled clothing to make something truly unique.
If you’re looking for somewhere to start, we’d recommend having a look at the following Etsy stores:
- Maeven Vintage – NY-based and stand out vintage pieces
- MAW Supply – Texas-based seller with vintage and reclaimed apparel
- Persephone Vintage – Quirky and special vintage & reconstructed vintage. California based
- Souvenir Vintage Store – Paris-based vintage store selling fun vintage finds and second-hand designer finds.
#4 Ebay – Worldwide
Another online store that needs no introduction, eBay has been around since the noughties. While it’s no front-runner when it comes to curated lists of covetable clothes, there’s no denying it can turn up the goods in a pinch.
If you’re after something a bit special, unique, or just super local, eBay can be a good bet. But maybe turn to one of the other online thrift stores if you’re planning on shelling out your hard earned cash on a designer item, as quality control can be an issue with this online marketplace.
- Well known, established marketplace
- Bidding system to buy goods
- Can find unique items unavailable elsewhere
#5 Still White – Worldwide
If you’re looking for used wedding dresses online, Still White is your one-stop-shop. Specialising in everything bridal, you can pick up your dream dress at a heavily reduced price. And you know it’s only been worn once!
Give a new life to bridal wear and have fun browsing the endless options available on this unique online thrift store.
Search by designer, price range, or size, and browse the more than 50,000 designer dresses available.
- Large range of beautiful dresses
- Safe buying guaranteed
- Sell it on the same site after your big day!
Thrift Shopping Online in the US:
Those in the US have an excellent range of online thrift stores for clothing. Let’s get shopping!
#1 Swap – US & Worldwide Delivery
Our first online second-hand clothing shop based in the USA has a great range of clothing for men, women and children. They also specialize in shoes, handbags and jewelry.
You can buy and sell clothes on Swap, which is perfect if you need to raise cash quickly, and make some space in your closet. You can find unique jumpers and jeans, as well as vintage clothing.
This website inspects every item as it arrives and before it ships. In this way, they can be sure that anything they’re selling on won’t be of shoddy quality.
- Fast delivery right to your door. So if you live in Europe and want to order something, you can expect your item a lot faster than a lot of other US websites.
- Swap has great discounts, so you won’t have to worry about paying top dollar.
- You will get free shipping on any orders over $75, along with a refund and free return shipping if you are not satisfied with your clothing within 30 days.
#2 ThredUP – US Only
This next company is based in the US and ships only domestically. They do women’s, men’s and children’s clothing, as well as shoes and a host of other accessories.
ThredUP is a thrift store that offers a lot of your high street brands as well as other higher-end expensive brands. You’re able to view high-definition quality pictures of the clothing on their website, and clothing is displayed on mannequins so that you can see what they look like on.
- You can both buy and sell clothing on here, so if you are looking to essentially exchange one item of clothing for another, then you won’t have to look far.
- This website has a very user-friendly interface.
- ThredUP gives you a much better insight into how the clothing will look like on the human body, not like a lot of other shops where the clothing is laid flat on a surface.
- If you spend upwards of $80 on an item, then you can expect to have free shipping. This website also has plenty of great discounts running frequently.
- Discount on your first purchase.
#3 Tradesy – US & Worldwide Delivery
This is another company based in the US that ships its second-hand clothing internationally, including women’s clothing, bags, shoes and other accessories. You can even buy luxury wedding items from this website.
The price range of this website ranges from moderate to expensive.
This is an online thrift store that is great for buying clothes from a range of different brands. Looking for a particular piece? Chances are you can find it on Tradesy!
You can sell items of clothing here too, the website’s interface allowing you to exchange one for the other – a really great feature!
You can search for items based on several criteria, making it easy to find the perfect piece.
- You can get some really nice items from this website, giving you the ability to be able to dress well for a fraction of the price of what it would cost you on the high street.
- You can get free shipping and free returns from this online thrift shop, which is great for keeping costs down.
- The payments are conducted through PayPal and are very secure.
#4 Shop Goodwill – US & Canada
Shop Goodwill is an online thrift store in the USA, which offers a range of clothing for men, women and children at an affordable price.
It’s a great place for fashion aficionados looking for a rare item of clothing. If you can think of a particular piece that has gone out of print, then you might be able to find it here.
You can place a maximum bid on this website, and watch auctions, so you can be certain that you won’t miss out on your favorite item.
- If you are a keen-eyed bargain hunter, then you can be sure that you’ll have a lot of good last-minute deals.
- There are tools in the search engine that will allow you to hunt down specific items of clothing – this is great if you’re shopping for something rare!
- There are a great variety of items in this store, you can be sure that they have something that will suit you.
#5 Grailed – US & Worldwide Delivery
One that’s just for the men! US based, Grailed sells quality second hand men’s clothes. They deliver around the world, so you can finally get your hands on that longed-for piece!
This is a fantastic place for men’s fashion, with clothing that is not only stylish and functional but also very fashionable. You can buy and sell luxury men’s fashion wear, including labels like Acne Studios, Gucci, Saint Laurent, and Raf Simons.
If you want cut-price designer menswear, then this is the place to shop.
- Men’s fashion only!
- Great layout and clean looking website.
- You can get great deals on this website, with detailed listings that will allow you to hone in your search until you find exactly what it is you’re looking for.
- Buy & sell in the same place.
- This website also comes with a very handy app that you can use to easily sift through quality clothing.
#6 Poshmark – US, Canada & Australia
Poshmark is based in the US and offers a great range of clothing for men, women and children at a moderate price.
The website and app are easy to use, well organized, and makes it easy to find the perfect item. You can get lots of top name brands for a dramatically lowered price, which is great if you are trying to save some money and the planet in one!
- This website always has great discounts running – this is perfect if you are on a tight budget.
- This website has a wide range of products, so if you are looking for a rare item of clothing that will make your look very dapper on the dancefloor, this is the place for you.
#7 Rebag – US & Worldwide Shipping
This US-based company sells premium bags all around the world – although you’ll pay a pretty penny for international delivery.
The price range on most of these products is the more expensive end, so it’s for those really coveted items that you’ll cherish forever. Use it to find that special piece at a discounted price, and give a new life to languishing handbags.
All bags are inspected before being shipped out to ensure you that you are getting a product with high integrity. You can get a lot of the top range products for a much-reduced price, including a lot of luxury brands.
- This website is easy to navigate.
- You can get great discounts on this website, so if you don’t fancy shelling out your hard-earned cash on overpriced brands, we would suggest that you shop here.
- This website will pick up handbags for reselling, which is great for your wallet, and convenient to boot.
#8 Luxury Garage Sale – US & Worldwide Shipping
This next second-hand clothing store is among one of the best for luxury pre-owned items for both men and women. They specialize in handbags, shoes, jewelry and a host of other accessories.
You can nab a designer item at up to 80% off retail, and feel good about not adding to the consumer cycle while you’re at it.
You can be sure every piece is authentic, as items undergo an inspection process before being offered up for sale.
- Great range and good prices.
- Authenticity guaranteed.
- They ship all around the world, with flat rates for shipping to Australia and Canada.
#9 Heroine – US & Worldwide delivery
The sister-shop of Grailed (listed above), Heroine is your online marketplace for womenswear.
With enticing Staff Picks, and curated collections, it’s easy to get lured in. But savvy buyers will be able to nab a bargain on this well laid out site that sells everything from joggers to jewelry.
Most of the items on offer are on the designer end of the scale, but there are some great vintage finds too.
- Attractive and easy to use website.
- Quality items.
- Buy second hand designer clothes online at discounted prices.
#10 Worn Wear Patagonia – US Only
Outdoor lovers rejoice! You can now pick up your favorite sustainable clothing brand at a much-reduced price.
Pick up a wide range of clothing for men, women and children that have been worn, returned and are ready for a new life. The prices work out to be about half of what you’d pay for new, and often the clothes only have some superficial wear, if anything.
- You can find a lot of high-quality sportswear at this online store, so if you are an exercise nut who wants to save yourself a few hundred dollars on some high-end kit, then this is the place to go!
- This website accepts donations of very high-quality clothing that they will then resell at super-low prices.
- Worn Wear has a trading policy that will allow you to exchange items for shopping credit.
#11 Vestiaire Collective – US & Worldwide
This next website features a lot of second-hand luxury and vintage clothing and accessories, marketed at both men and women.
This range of second-hand clothes online are more at the expensive end of the scale for used clothing, but you’re paying a fraction of what these luxury goods retailed for originally.
This collective is one of the most popular online marketplaces to go for luxury pre-owned clothing. You can get amazing bespoke clothing that has 70% knocked off the original retail price.
I’ve just placed my first order from this website (a coveted hat I’d been looking for forever!) and it was quick and efficient. I’ll update once my goodies arrive!
- At Vestiaire, the products are carefully reviewed after your purchase. This is to check they are of good quality and are completely authentic before being shipped to you. You can also choose to skip this step if you want your goods sooner – you can still send them back if they’re not up to standard.
- Vestiaire Collective gives you the option of buying your clothing in instalments. This is ideal if you are on a budget but want the finest clothes money can buy.
#12 LePrix – US & Worldwide delivery
This next second-hand thrift store is a US-based company that offers you international shipping on pre-owned men’s and women’s clothing as well as handbags, shoes and jewelry.
This is a boutique that has been curated personally by those that are running the website. They carefully sift through all the products they receive to make sure that they are authentic and of excellent quality.
Their collection includes luxury brands as such Alexander McQueen, Burberry, Prada, Christian Dior and Stella McCartney, to name a few.
- You can get great deals on designer goods without having to worry about frauds as they will give you ample protection.
- You can get flat rates of shipping to Canada and international countries, which might be better if you are buying in bulk.
- Easy returns if your purchases aren’t quite right.
#13 Urban Renewal – US & Worldwide
Founded in the USA, Urban Outfitters have been a staple in fun fashion for decades. In more recent times, they created a marketplace for vintage clothing.
They source quality vintage items and either on-sell them as is, or upcycle them into cool new creations. One thing’s for sure, if you’re after unique vintage clothing online, this store has you covered!
- Carefully curated selection – no rubbish to sort through.
- Buying direct from. the source.
- Easy & free returns
- Free shipping over $50
#14 Na Nin – US & Worldwide shipping
US based Na Nin isn’t strictly a thrift store, but they do have a highly curated selection of vintage clothes on offer.
This is the kind of place to shop if you want to buy vintage, but have no idea where to start! You can view all their pieces on the model to get a great idea of how it looks, and how best to style it and the prices are affordable.
Take the hard work out of shopping for send hand clothes online, and check this store out!
- Regular sales
- Highly curated range
- Brilliant images
#15 The Vintage Twin – US & Worldwide Shipping
Twin sisters Morgan and Samantha started this vintage clothing brand in 2009. Featuring a curated selection of vintage clothing, they carefully select and look over each piece before it’s offered back to their customers. So you know you’re only getting the best.
They have a slick and stylish website that is easy to navigate and makes shopping for second-hand clothing much easier.
- Detailed descriptions of each item
- Curated, quality selection
#16 2nd Street – US Only
An online thrift store with a difference, 2nd Street sources their second-hand clothes from Japan. Pieces include well known international brands such as Issey Miyake, Undercover, Comme des Garcons, Helmut Lang and more.
Catering to both men & women, they sell everything from handbags to hoodies. It’s more for those ‘little luxuries’ than everyday shopping, but you’re sure to find some amazing unique pieces if you give it a whirl.
- Huge selection of quality items
- Unique finds
- Discount available when you first sign up
Where to Buy Second Hand Clothes Online in the UK
UK thrift shoppers are well catered for when it comes to sourcing 2nd hand clothes online. Here are the best second hand clothes websites in the UK.
#1 Beyond Retro – UK & Worldwide shipping
Beyond Retro don’t just sell preloved clothing, they handpick items, do quality control, predict upcoming fashions, and make small modifications to offer the best products possible.
Their offering ranges from quality vintage goods, to preloved designer items – but you can be assured everything is of good quality and is fairly priced.
- Rare pieces are aplenty here, and all for an affordable price
- Delivery to anywhere in the UK is free if you spend more than £75
#2 Re-Fashion – UK Only
A true campaigner in the online used clothing space, Re-Fashion accept donated clothes and resell them to raise funds for sustainable causes.
They not only sell second-hand clothes, but they remake and repair items that come in with a little bit of superficial damage – how’s that for resourceful!
Shop by size, brand, or style – you’ll be able to find plenty of clothes you love for a bargain basement price. And you can feel good about supporting this sustainable UK store.
- Cheap delivery costs and free returns.
- You can post your old clothes free of charge to Refashion.
- Everything is checked for quality before being listed.
#3 Asos Marketplace – UK & Worldwide
This is another UK company that have garnered themselves quite a reputation for offering quality second-hand clothing. They specialize in vintage brands as well as lightly used high street apparel.
You can shop in your local currency and browse a massive collection of women and men’s clothing and accessories. Every item is covered by their comprehensive returns policy, so you can shop worry-free.
- Affordable prices
- Easy returns
- Huge selection
- Shop independent brands as well as used high-street clothing
#4 Hardly Ever Worn It – UK & Worldwide shipping
Hardly Ever Worn It (hewi for short) specializes in quality, luxury clothing for men, women, and kids, as well as jewellery, watches and other premium accessories.
There are plenty of big-name brands available on this site, such as Dior, Rolex, Dolce & Gabbana and Saint Laurent – and you can pick up designer items for a fraction of their retail price.
- Easy to navigate website
- Luxury goods at very reduced prices
- All items are pre-screened
#5 Thrift+ – UK Only
With a mixture of both high street and luxury brands on offer, Thrift+ is one of the best places in the UK to do second-hand clothes shopping online. In fact, it claims to be the largest second-hand fashion store in the UK with over 250,000 used clothing items in stock.
Every purchase from Thrift+ also gives back to a charity of the seller’s choosing.
- Sign up to their app for a special discount
- 30-day refund policy
- Cheap falt-rate shipping
#6 One Scoop Store – UK & Worldwide shipping
One Scoop Store sells quality vintage clothing for a low price. The clothing is in superb condition and they have a store based in London that you can visit in person if you’re unsure about buying used clothes online.
They sell a good selection of both well known brands, and boutique pieces. So you’re sure to be able to find something to suit you.
- The clothing in this store is very affordable, giving you rare quality pieces for a super-low price.
- Flat rate shipping available worldwide
#7 Loopster – UK Only
Selling second-hand clothes from your favorite local and international brands, Loopster hand-check every item that they receive to make sure it is top quality.
The range includes clothing and accessories for women and children, and you can even purchase bundles of kids clothes according to their size and gender (or choose unisex!). This is a fantastic choice if you’re looking for affordable ethical kids clothing!
- This is simply one of the best places to get second hand baby clothes online in the UK
- Very affordable clothing available
#8 We Are Cow – UK & Worldwide shipping
We Are Cow are another forward-thinking UK company that ships their second-hand clothes around the world.
They offer preloved clothing, as well as upcycled garments for a truly unique look. Their range is super affordable and fun.
- Free delivery in the UK for orders over £50 / and worldwide over £100.
- Clothes are modelled so you can see how they look on.
- They make their own garments from upcycling vintage clothes.
#9 Oxfam Online Shop – UK & Worldwide shipping
This well-known charity shop operates out of the UK but ships internationally. It not only sells quality second-hand clothes for men, women and children, but it also has a huge range of accessories, as well and books and toys for children.
All items are donated and proceeds are used to make a difference in the lives of those in need.
- Supporting a charitable organization
- Huge range of cheap second-hand clothing
- Affordable flat-rate shipping
#10 Build a Bundle – UK & Worldwide Shipping
For quality used kids clothes, look no further than Build a Bundle. This UK based shop allows you to browse a large selection of kids and maternity clothing which is listed at super affordable prices, and put together your own ‘bundle’.
Stock up on clothes for your kid’s school or nursery, (we all know they don’t need fancy clothes for that!) or buy special occasion clothes too!
- Consistently low prices
- Easy to browse and shop
- Loyalty scheme
- Low flat-rate shipping.
#11 Swapabee – UK Only
Not so much an online second hand clothing store, UK based Swapabee allows users to swap clothes with no money changing hands!
This is a great way to revive your wardrobe without having to buy new, and it’s a win-win for everyone involved. Just browse, make an offer to swap, and exchange goods – it couldn’t be easier!
- Swap clothes locally
- No money involved
- Refresh your wardrobe for free!
Best Second-Hand Shopping Online in Europe
If you’re in the EU, shopping for second-hand clothes online can get expensive when you factor in shipping and duties from the UK or the US. Luckily there are some great online options from shops based all over Europe, that will save you time and money!
#1 Re-SEE – France & Worldwide shipping
This is a French second-hand clothing store that delivers gently used women’s clothing all over the world. They are known for selling premium vintage clothing that is hand-inspected before shipping.
This is the ideal place to shop your favorite French brands as well as those luxury items you’ve been lusting after.
- Great place to find high-end European brands
- Beautiful website and each piece is modelled for ease of shopping.
#2 Vino Kilo– Germany & Worldwide Shipping
A fun online second-hand clothing store based in Germany, they ship quality items across the globe. Brands include Lacoste, Wrangler, jack Wolfskin, Kappa and more.
The huge range is guaranteed to have something you’ll love, and the prices are on point for the quality used goods. They also have a premium collection for those special garments, but the prices remain reasonable.
- They have plenty of high-quality and affordable clothing from international brands
- Free shipping in Germany / rest of EU if you order over €55.
#3 Zadaa APP – Europe & Worldwide shipping
A Europe based marketplace for selling and buying second-hand clothes online, Zadaa makes buying quality pre-owned clothing online a much simpler process.
Although you can browse items online, you’ll need to download the app to buy items. But it’s easy to use and navigate.
- You can be sure that your finances will be protected with a money-back guarantee.
- Free shipping on your first order.
#4 Desert Fox Collective – France & Worldwide shipping
This French second-hand retailer sells unique handmade clothing (using vintage fabrics) and a select range of individually sourced vintage pieces. The collection is fairly small and highly curated, so you’ll see at a glance if this online second-hand clothing store is for you.
- They support plenty of charities around the world, such as Black Lives Matter and Movember, so you can be sure that you’ll be contributing to great causes with every purchase.
- Fun, bright prints and unique clothing
- Free worldwide shipping on orders over £75
#5 Vintage & Rags – Germany & Worldwide Shipping
This online used clothing shop is based in Germany and ships high-quality second-hand clothes all over the world.
With an emphasis on low-key casual clothing at equally casual prices, this store is perfect for students and those on a limited budget.
- Great prices
- Large range
- Curated collections